August 2019 | Field News and Resources
This page features this month's highlights, announcements, and general news related to advancements in the impact investing field.
- Sorenson Impact Foundation, which has aligned nearly 50% of its assets with mission, shares its journey toward 100% alignment by the end of 2020.
- This recording from a February event, "Foundation Investments in Construction Careers," featuring Ford Foundation, NoVo Foundation, Mission Investors Exchange, and Jobs With Justice, explores ways that foundations can move the needle on diversity and job quality for the construction workforce.
- A report by Confluence Philanthropy details the lack of racial and gender diversity in the global impact investing market and calls for a clear commitment to institutional education and reform to advance racial equity in the investment industry.
- The ninth US SIF Conference was held in June in Minneapolis, the event hosted by North Sky Capital highlighted the impact investing field and showcased the Twin Cities as a hub for sustainable, responsible, and impact (SRI) investing which can be key factors in long-term financial gain with a concurrent positive societal impact.
- Vu Le of Nonprofit AF makes the case that foundations should be required to spend more than five percent of their net investments each year to allow charitable organizations to be successful in addressing the causes they represent.
- Read Mission Investors Exchange compiled resources on various approaches to gender lens investing in support of gender equality.
- In this interview La June Montgomery Tabron of W.K. Kellogg Foundation describes her philanthropic strategy, definition of philanthropy, and more.
- The Non Profit Times announced their annual NPT Power & Influence Top 50 highlighting the critical work of some MIE members!