Foundation Investments in Construction Careers
Pension funds and foundation endowments real estate portfolios represent an underutilized tool for creating more just and inclusive economies. Jobs with Justice has compiled a range of resources that will help pension and foundation trustees and other impact investors begin to understand the current impact of their real estate investments and to shift those investments to improve job quality and broaden the diversity of the construction workforce.
Watch This Recording Featuring Highlights from the Convening
Opening Plenary: INTRODUCTIONS
Film Debut: NoVo Foundation
Event Overview and Vision: Erica Smiley & Sarita Gupta, Co-Directors, Jobs With Justice Education Fund • Linnzi Guischard, Electrical Apprentice, IBEW Local 3
Keynote Panel: Setting the Stage for Innovation in Creating Construction Careers: Tracy Palandjian, CEO and Co-Founder, Social Finance • Pamela Shifman, Executive Director, NoVo Foundation • Darren Walker, President, Ford Foundation
Closing Plenary: The Future of Quality Construction Careers
• Wendy Garcia, Chief Diversity Officer, New York City Comptroller
• Maureen Henegan, CEO, Henegan Construction Co.
• Matt Onek, CEO, Mission Investors Exchange
• Daryl Shore, Vice President and Investment Manager, Prudential Financial
• Facilitated by Erica Smiley, Co-Director, Jobs With Justice Education Fund