Experiences with Collaborative Place-Based Impact Investing: Lessons from the Field
Urban Institute and Mission Investors Exchange have produced a set of three practitioner briefs that are designed to advance the development and exchange of knowledge on place-based impact investing. The briefs offer an understanding of the roles of foundations and other actors in place-based impact investing efforts, and collaborative models in nurturing the development and expansion of this work.
This webinar is the second of two webinars hosted by Mission Investors Exchange and Urban Institute on this topic. Visit here to view a recording of the first webinar.
Join Mission Investors Exchange and Urban Institute on July 25th at 12PM PDT/3PM EDT for this deep dive webinar on collaborative impact investing. The webinar will present insights from one of the three recently launched practitioner briefs, "Collaborative Placed-Based Impact Investing Models: Deploying Capital on the Ground Together." Leaders from two impact investing ecosystems that are featured in the brief —Western New York and Chicago —will share their experiences of breaking down the walls between foundations and other types of organizations to bring cross-sector resources to bear in addressing community needs.
- Ben Kerman, Ph.D., Advisor, Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo and Western New York Impact Investment Fund
- Nhadine Leung, Managing Director, Mission Investors Exchange
- Erika Poethig, Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer, Urban Institute
- William W. Towns, Ph.D., MBA, Executive Director, Benefit Chicago
- Highlights from the brief, “Collaborative Place-Based Impact Investing Models: Deploying Capital on the Ground Together”
- A spotlight on collaborative investing models from Chicago and Western New York
- Lessons learned on building place-based impact investing collaborations and insights for practitioners