Aligning the Endowment With Mission: View a Recording From the MIE 2020 National Conference
Foundations are increasingly exploring opportunities to align their endowment assets with mission or values. From making targeted impact investments, utilizing catalytic capital, investing in diverse managers, engaging in shareholder activism, and more, their goals and strategies reflect a range of views on impact, fiduciary duty, and financial returns. But what does alignment actually mean, and what difference does it make? Why do or don't foundations make the choice? Rather than a "how-to” on the journey to endowment alignment, this conversation from Amplifying Impact, the MIE 2020 National Conference, offers an open discussion on a diverse range of strategies in a time of deep community need.
- Ellen McGirt, Fortune (Moderator)
- John Palfrey, MacArthur Foundation
- Rey Ramsey, The Nathan Cummings Foundation
- La June Montgomery Tabron, W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- Robert J. Manilla, The Kresge Foundation