March 2020 | Field News & Resources
This page features this month's highlights, announcements, and general news related to advancements in the impact investing field.
- MIE's Melanie Audette offers insights on how foundations and philanthropists with place-based missions can work together to grow place-based impact investments.
- Cornerstone Capital Group’s Katherine Pease shares insights on how foundations can address the roots of gender inequality by investing across asset classes with gender equality in mind.
- Prudential Financial launched a $500 million green bond, a first for the firm and the US life insurance industry in general. Prudential will allocate the bond’s net proceeds to investments that provide environmental benefits, including reduced greenhouse gas emissions and improved resource efficiency.
- Sustainable investing strategies, in general, perform as well or better than traditional approaches, a new report from Intentional Endowments Network finds.
- Lumina Impact Ventures investees step up to provide critical solutions and support for colleges as students transition to online learning.
- According to the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, only 1.3% of the financial industry's $69 trillion in assets under management is managed by diverse and/or women-owned firms, Tina Byles Williams of FIS Group notes in this opinion piece on creating an inclusive industry for Pensions & Investments.
- Geeta Goel of the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation shares the foundation’s strategy for keeping its focus on social impact while helping organizations scale up to achieve financial viability and investor interest.
- Conscientious investors are increasingly expanding their definition of gender-lens investing from a strategy that supports “women-focused” or women-owned companies to one that considers the gender equality implications for any investment opportunity, Giselle Leung, of the Global Impact Investing Network, writes in an opinion piece for Thomson Reuters Foundation News.
- For news and resources related to impact investing and foundation responses to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, please click here.
Share jobs with the Mission Investors Exchange community here!
- The Santa Barbara Foundation, one of the oldest and largest community foundations in the United States, seeks a President and Chief Executive Officer.
- Grantmakers In Aging is recruiting a Chief Executive Officer. The organization’s mission is to promote and strengthen grantmaking for an aging society.
- Transform Finance, a nonprofit organization working at the intersection of social justice and capital, is hiring a Program Manager and a Director for its Capital Strategies Program.
- Equitable Facilities Fund, a social impact fund focused on providing facilities funding to charter schools, seeks to fill the role of Principal, Business Development.
- Self-Help Federal Credit Union is hiring an Investment Associate to join its team in Oakland, CA.