Virtual Learning Opportunity: Centering on Impact: A Multi-Stakeholder Approach
Members Only Webinar: Log In To View A Recording!
In 2018, Global Endowment Management (GEM) and the Bridges Impact+ team partnered to apply the Impact Management Project framework to a complex, globally diversified, multi-manager investment portfolio. Since then, the GEM team has evaluated nearly 100 active investment strategies across all asset classes and geographies, and input over 14,000 data points to measure the impact of strategies across five stakeholders: Customers, Planet, Employees, Supply Chain and Community.
As part of their process GEM confronted many of the key questions that impact investors face today, and came to some surprising conclusions:
- Are popular divestment movements targeting the most harmful industries?
- Is ESG risk management a sufficient driver for improved corporate practices?
- What is the role of industry and geography in evaluating impact?
- How do we account for the unequal distribution of benefits and harm resulting from capitalism today?
- Does manager intentionality matter?
This VLO features GEM and their partners at the Nathan Cummings Foundation and Bridges Ventures in a discussion about the surprises, challenges, and lessons of their project and how it has informed GEM's mission to create a fully mission-aligned endowment portfolio.
- Bob Bancroft, Vice President, Nathan Cummings Foundation
- Meredith Heimburger, Director of Impact, Global Endowment Initiative
- Brian Trelstad, Partner, U.S. Sustainable Growth Fund
Join Mission Investors Exchange and Global Endowment on Tuesday, March 3, 2020 at 2 PM ET for this Virtual Learning Opportunity.
Members, log in to view this Virtual Learning Opportunity. If you have any questions, or challenges logging in, please contact our Program Coordinator, Karla Moreno, at [email protected].