Open Mic: Ukraine (Part 2): Identifying Impact Investment Strategies
Join Mission Investors Exchange for an Open Mic on Friday, April 1 at 2-3:30 PM ET, focused on the current conflict in Ukraine. During this action-oriented, interactive conversation, we will continue discussing topics from the March 18 Open Mic on Ukraine, and focus on specific urgent and long-term investment opportunities for advanced impact investors.
This Open Mic will address the war on truth-based media and journalism, investment opportunities in social determinants of health — including childcare facilities, jobs for the future, access to capital for entrepreneurs, and the creation of a sovereign bond to buttress recovery efforts. Beyond learning about potential investment pathways, the conversation leads (listed below) will seek investor insights on barriers to investment and the investment products and opportunities most likely to fit mission-driven investors.
- Nataliya Katser-Buchkovska, Former Member of Ukrainian Parliament and Co-Founder, Ukrainian Sustainable Fund
- John Kluge, Founder and Managing Director, Refugee Investment Network
- Harlan Mandel, CEO, Media Development Investment Fund
- Elizabeth Morrissey, Managing Partner, Kleiman International Consultants, Inc.
- For mission-driven investors, what are the investment needs and opportunities for addressing the challenges facing Ukrainian and other peoples impacted by the war?
- How can impact investors work together to identify pathways for their foundations to learn, collaborate, and invest with a racial equity lens?
- What are the tools beyond grants that can be put to use?
Open Mics are informal, lightly structured conversations for MIE members and invited guests. MIE members, log in for a link to register by Thursday, March 31, 2022. To request an invitation or for questions, please contact Zineb Touzani at [email protected].
This Open Mic is presented in coordination with the Refugee Investment Network, Media Impact Funders, and the Global Impact Investing Network.