MIE's Community Foundations Summer Gathering: Establishing and Improving your Impact Investing Systems and Practices
Join your fellow MIE Community Foundations on Thursday, June 22, 2023 from 1:00 -2:00 PM ET to discuss internal dynamics and setting up the practices of your impact investing program.
The board has signed off or increased the allocation for your impact investment program, but what now? Come together to discuss how to work across your organization to create an inclusive and strategic set of processes and practices that respects the needs and amplifies the voices and engages the talents of staff and community members.
Topics of interest about setting up your systems and improving your processes may include:
- Applying an equity lens across your activities
- Assessing intermediaries and platforms for investment
- Community and investee input (including RFPs)
- Engaging donor services and communication resources
- Building systems to ensure conformance to investment policies and making sure the money moves where and when it should
- Understanding the impacts
This gathering provides a space for MIE members and invited guests to build community and share strategic and innovative practices. The camera-enabled call will be informal and interactive. All participants are encouraged to come prepared to participate, share, learn, and even have a bit of fun in the process!
If you are a community foundation wishing to lead a topic around setting up your systems and practices, please email Zineb Touzani at [email protected] or Melanie Audette at [email protected].
MIE members should log in to register. If you are not a member of MIE and would like to attend, please inquire at [email protected].