MIE’s Open Mic: Investing in Climate Equity
Join us for an Open Mic on Investing in Climate Equity on Wednesday, December 13, 2023 at 1:30-2:45 PM EST to discuss how impact investors can contribute towards climate adaptation to enhance resilience in vulnerable communities. This session featuring insights from Visa Foundation and Blue Orchard/Schroders, will explore why:
- The effects of climate change are most heavily borne by vulnerable, lower income communities in developing economies. And, every year, millions of people are pushed into poverty by the impacts of natural and climate-related disasters.
- We must consider climate equity as a critical manifestation of economic, social and gender equity.
- Climate adaptation investment is vital. As one example, climate insurance aims at protecting the lives and livelihoods of individuals and communities from the impacts of climate disruptions, safeguarding economic development and poverty reduction efforts.
- While it is no replacement for the efforts required to tackle the climate crisis, investing in climate adaptation such as climate insurance can increase social resilience and communities’ ability to recover faster.
Open Mics are lightly structured, webcam-enabled calls for MIE members to come together and discuss ideas and opportunities to create impact. Intended to be flexible, Open Mics embody the goal of mobilizing with urgency, employing a simple concept:
- What ideas, projects, or resources exist within the MIE community — and how can we help each other respond to urgent crises?
- How can we work quickly to bring together a variety of voices, investment opportunities, and best practices in an action-oriented conversation
MIE members should log in to register. If you are not a member of MIE and would like to attend, please inquire at [email protected].