MIE’s Community Foundations Winter Gathering: Alternative Vehicles for Investment in Communities
Join this informal virtual community foundation gathering on Wednesday, February 15 from 1:00-2:15 ET to continue conversations about community foundations building separately managed vehicles and community lending pools, all with a focus on utilizing the foundation’s influence and investment capital to drive more equity and impact than grants alone.
Topics participants might choose to discuss include specifics on:
- How and why community foundations have worked with legal counsel to create separately managed vehicles or funds;
- The challenges community foundations have in communicating with partners and donors about the opportunities and the inherent risks in investing via these funds;
- How to close the historic gaps between community members and investors to drive more capital into innovative community foundation investing vehicles; and
- How to develop investment-ready opportunities that are able to leverage impact capital in order to sustain and improve social outcomes in our communities
- How to operationalize community foundation impact investing programs. What systems and tools are community foundations using, both internally and outsourced.
MIE members should log in to register. If you are not a member of MIE or not a community foundation and would like to attend, please inquire at [email protected].