About the Organization
Mission Investors Exchange (MIE) is the leading impact investing network for foundations dedicated to deploying capital for social and environmental change. With 200 members, Mission Investors Exchange leverages its expertise and resources to provide foundations with the education, inspiration, and connections to align more assets to mission. Members rely on Mission Investors Exchange and each other for best practices, new investment opportunities, deal partnerships, and innovations in the practice of impact investing around the world. Learn more about Mission Investors Exchange members and our work at www.missioninvestors.org
The Coordinator, Programs will support the Program team in the development and implementation of MIE’s signature in-person and online peer-learning programs. The Coordinator will primarily support the upcoming bi-annual National Conference. Other gatherings include: Mission Investing Institutes, Executive Exchanges, Trustees Forum, and webinars ensuring that MIE develops, and delivers, best-in-class programming that leverages the innovation, experience, and talent within and beyond its vibrant network.
A successful Coordinator will work closely with the teamand our diverse membership base of philanthropic leaders and affiliates to:
- leverage an events management background, interest in adult learning, and passion for social change to help accelerate impact investing in philanthropy;
- coordinate efficiently and effectively to help deliver high-impact impact investing education program opportunities for our members and the field at large;
- gather feedback to continuously improve MIE’s offerings; and
- create exceptional Member experiences drawing on strong project management skills.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- supporting content creation such as session design and speaker selection for all impact investing in-person and virtual learning programs
- coordination and correspondence for scheduling purposes with high-level speakers drawn from the MIE network as well as other sector leaders
- aiding in project management for learning programs including but not limited to events management, and on-the-ground support for event execution,where applicable
- compiling and tracking post-event feedback so that the team might use that data to refine programs to increase the attendee learning and execution efficiency.
- registration management through online platforms, including use of Salesforce for attendee communications and tracking
- helping to ensure high quality attendee experience
- A minimum of one to three years of professional experience. Project management, impact investing, events management, or program coordination experience preferred.
- Passion for addressing social and environmental challenges and an appreciation for the power of investment capital to play a catalytic role in this process
- Excellent communication skills and a high level of intellectual curiosity
- Proactive, self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who is a creative problem-solver
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to execute against a workplan to deliver high-quality and timely outputs
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer/client focused mindset
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects at the same time
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Eager to learn with an interest in seeking feedback and new information consistently to strengthen own performance and that of team
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Salesforce (or other CRM), and Asana (or similar project management tool)
- Bachelor’s degree required
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience, with an excellent benefits package.
Qualified individuals, please apply with a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Mission Investors Exchange is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.