About the Organization
Upstart Co-Lab CATALYZES change, translating jargon, fostering relationships, and aligning systems. It CONNECTS artists, social entrepreneurs, impact investors, social enterprises, and sustainable companies. And it CONVENES, bringing creativity and investment together to deliver social impact.
Launched in 2016, Upstart Co-Lab connects impact investing to the creative economy. Upstart helps impact investors who love art, design, culture, heritage, and creativity learn about Ethical Fashion, Social Impact Media, Sustainable Food, Other Creative Businesses, and Creative Places.
Working with donor advised funds, private foundations and endowed cultural institutions, the senior associate will help:
- build a community of impact investors who believe in the power of creativity
- track impact investment opportunities and trends in the creative economy
- analyze financial performance and social impact in the creative sector
- conduct research and report insights to the field
- pioneer a Creativity Lens for impact investing
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A senior analyst or MBA graduate with at least 3 years-experience in venture capital/private equity or wealth advisory -- plus a commitment to impact investing.
- He/she will be a strong critical thinker with excellent research, communications and Powerpoint skills.
- He/she must be highly self-directed, able manage multiple responsibilities, and to engage independently with peers in the impact investing field.
This is full-time 12 month opportunity with $85,000 annual compensation and benefits including 6 weeks vacations. Upstart offers a start-up environment with opportunities to take significant responsibility, and demonstrate leadership. This position is in Upstart Co-Lab’s office in New York City.
Please email a CV and short cover note to Laura Callanan ([email protected]
) by June 3.
Read about Upstart Co-Lab in: