About the Organization
The Kresge Foundation is one of the top 20 private foundations in the United States and the only one focused exclusively on expanding opportunities for people with low income in American Cities. With a $3.8 billion endowment and a staff of over 100 employees, the foundation deploys grants and social investments across arts and culture, education, environment, health, human services and community development. The foundation’s state-of-the-art headquarters maintains an array of energy-efficient, water-conserving and health-promoting systems. The foundation also operates an office in Detroit’s Midtown district.
1. Closely manage an assigned subset of the portfolio and oversee management of other subsets managed by analysts or other staff
2. Ensure a high degree of accuracy for all information provided to internal stakeholders
3. Foster strong relationships with portfolio investees and partners across the foundation
4. Together with analyst(s), ensure receipt of required investee reporting
5. Review investee reports for material changes or investee requests
6. Analyze financials and other information to ensure fidelity to investment terms, distill learnings and to monitor the health of investee organizations
7. Participate in, and oversee, the periodic investment review and risk rating processes for all investments and make investment level, and portfolio-wide reserve recommendations
8. Work with other functional areas of the foundation to maintain forecasts of disbursements and guarantee payments and track new investment activity.
9. Produce quarterly reporting including portfolio reports, cash-flow, disbursement, and guarantee payment projections
10. Support the careful monitoring and intensive analysis sometimes required for watch-list investments
11. Serve as the team-lead on ensuring investment actions are properly documented and recorded in the foundation’s internal systems
- B.A. in related field, advanced degree preferred.
- Five to seven years’ experience in banking, finance, community development finance or related fields.
- Experience monitoring portfolio investments to ensure fiduciary and investment responsibilities are being met.
- Demonstrated ability to take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective and constructive working relationships and partnerships.
- Strong investment acumen and successful track record of managing investments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary to interact as a team member with diverse Foundation colleagues.
Commensurate with Experience.
Application deadline for this position is September 23, 2020. To apply for this position, click here.
Please note: Due to the coronavirus pandemic, all Kresge staff are working remotely, and our Troy and Detroit offices remain closed until further notice. Kresge staff will not be traveling or attending in-person meetings during this time. Thank you for your understanding.