- Researching investment opportunities in line with WKKF key priorities;
- Participating in multiple stages of investment execution; Preparing detailed financial analysis and modeling;
- Assisting on investment due diligence;
- Working on assigned transactions from concept note stage until final investment recommendation;
- Researching competitive position, market size, and industry dynamics;
- Continuously engaging with the portfolio managers and companies on monitoring, operational, social, and financial performance;
- Collaborating with colleagues and partners inside and outside WKKF around thematic strategies, regional programs and foundations, financial institutions, and the other entities within WKKF.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required; master’s degree preferred (i.e. WKKF mission/program content areas, management, investing or finance).
Minimum of 5-7 years’ successful work experience or equivalent in fields relevant to assigned responsibilities, including investments (pure commercial, mission investing, or program related investing) with portfolio management emphasis.
Broad generalist background with strong networks and comprehensive understanding of program design and capital market dynamics and systems change.
Transaction execution skills with a strong track record in financial modeling and analysis of public equity, private equity, and/or venture capital investment.
Experience in evaluating, modeling and presenting both debt and equity investments; some knowledge of at least one emerging market region, ideally Latin America.
Experience in working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social, ethnic, intellectual, philosophical and business backgrounds and perspectives.
Investing background and experience of working with and through peers in complex and uncertain stakeholder environments.
Foundation or nonprofit experience preferred.
Experience working in a high performing and agile organization with a team-oriented culture.