About the Organization
- Enhance organizational excellence by establishing operational benchmarks, timelines, and resources needed to achieve strategic department and foundation goals, proactively recommending and driving improvements as necessary and setting standards for accountability and measurements of success.
- Work with foundation leadership and key staff members to inform an annual planning process, which includes gathering data from across the Foundation, assessing progress to date, analysis of current context and opportunities, and identification of annual priorities.
- Lead collaboration with cross-team Managing Directors and direct reports to advance Community Programs goals and projects:
- Advocate for organizational-wide use of operations protocols, data management, and reporting systems.
- Collaborate with communications and philanthropic services staff to build narrative and storytelling strategies, ensuring that key program and policy outcomes are leveraged for maximum community impact.
- Provide consistent and effective internal communications in order to ensure strategic alignment and integration across all foundation functions and position the organization for even greater success.
Talent Management & Support
- Implement all human resources related activities for Community Programs, including on-boarding and training, performance reviews, and professional development tools to maximize operational effectiveness and to ensure the achievement of employee goals and performance benchmarks.
- Provide day-to-day leadership of Community Programs’ operations, grants administration, and evaluation staff, supporting them with management guidance, strategies for growth, and operational assistance.
- Empower and inspire team members while providing the right balance of mentorship and leadership in a virtual and partially remote environment.
Fundraising, Budgeting & Financial Reporting
- Support revenue-generating and fundraising activities in collaboration with Philanthropic Services.
- Engage with organizations and leaders central to the foundation’s work, including grantees, movement advocates, private and public partners, and other funders. Serve as a representative of the foundation in local, state, and national settings to advance and strengthen its partnerships and impact.
- Develop, track, and report on the Community Programs budget.
- Work collaboratively with the management team and Board to execute on strategic vision and integrate cross-program activities and functions.
- Partner with Chief Impact Officer and Managing Director of Programs and Partnerships on the strategic direction and agendas for relevant board committee meetings. Oversee the creation of memos, reports, and presentations for the Board.
- Represent the Foundation externally with a wide range of audiences (media, philanthropists, community partners, etc.)
Preference will be given to candidates with the knowledge and demonstrated experience in:
- 7 – 10 years of experience implementing strategic initiatives that include: operational effectiveness and evaluation, talent management and support, and fundraising, budgeting, and financial reporting
- Knowledge of the operations-related principles, procedures, and best practices in the field
- A strong track record of fostering, leading, and building talent with a proven ability to coach and mentor multi-racial teams
- A history of generating new revenue streams and improving financial results. Active fundraising experience and understanding of the funding community
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making, and reporting
- Commitment SeaFdn’s vision, mission, and strategic initiatives to drive greater racial equity and economic opportunity across the Greater Seattle region
We are also looking for:
- History of working in philanthropy or working in partnership with foundations
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with high attention to detail, accuracy, protocol, and deadlines, leading and managing multiple concurrent projects at the same time.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and diplomacy skills including solid presentation and facilitation skills, with the ability to interact with and mobilize a wide and diverse population.