We are a leading global investment firm and aim to help endowments & foundations, pension plans, and high net worth private clients implement and manage custom investment portfolios that generate outperformance and enable them to maximize their impact on the world. Working alongside its early clients, Cambridge Associates pioneered the strategy of high-equity orientation and broad diversification, which since its inception in the 1980s has been a primary driver of performance for institutional investors. Today, we deliver a range of portfolio management services, including outsourced CIO, non-discretionary portfolio management, investment staff extension, and asset class mandates. Cambridge Associates maintains offices in major financial centers across the globe, with headquarters in Boston, MA.
Working with some of the world’s most sophisticated institutional investors, we bring a deep knowledge of portfolio management best practices to the clients we serve, and select our colleagues with great attention to their potential to become a valuable member of a collaborative, intelligent and hard-working team.
As part of a highly collaborative global Private Investments team, the Investment Director’s primary responsibility will be to identify, evaluate and monitor high-quality private investment managers, particularly in the venture capital and growth equity strategies.
- Serve as a key resource on VC and GE managers and funds in North America.
- Lead meetings with general partners, management teams, and other relevant professionals to assess and evaluate investment managers and their funds.
- Lead reference calls regarding investment opportunities and market views with industry participants.
- Complete written assessments and recommendations utilized by our clients and colleagues to support investment decisions. For funds, this includes detailed diligence reports backed by meetings, factual analyses and references; and for the market, this entails periodic research reports on current topics of interest.
- Monitor market trends and contribute to C|A’s thought leadership in this area.
- MBA or CFA strongly preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience and familiarity with private investing
- Demonstrated analytical skills and strong written and oral communication skills
- Significant experience performing complex financial analysis and modeling and ideally some experience with partnership agreements and understanding what is standard and what is not
- Ability to assign priorities to multiple requests for information, while ensuring integrity, accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills and ideally a strong list of contacts in the PE/VC industry to help with relationship building as well as referencing
- Ability to work independently and under time constraints
- This position would ideally be based in one of our West Coast offices (San Francisco, Menlo Park)
Cambridge Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our culture. We are committed to fostering an environment where individual perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences make the firm a great place to work and result in a more satisfying client experience.