About the Organization
Sonen Capital LLC is a rapidly growing specialized investment management firm based in San Francisco, CA. We invest on behalf of family offices, high net worth individuals, foundations and endowments, and other institutional organizations for both exceptional financial returns as well as social and environmental sustainability. We are looking for an investment analyst to join our investment team. This is a unique opportunity for the right professional to join an industry leading team in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
The Investment Analyst’s primary responsibility is to play a key research role in the development and implementation of private impact investment strategies. The Analyst works closely with the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and other members of the investment team to drive research and support the management of private equity investments primarily, but not exclusively, through pooled vehicles. This position reports to Sonen’s CIO.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support all aspects of the investment due diligence process, including:
- Ongoing search, tracking and investable universe development of private equity opportunities in funds, secondaries and co-investments
- Supporting comprehensive due diligence on private equity investments
- Monitor existing investment opportunities
- Coordinate legal and operational due diligence process for relevant investments
- Research key sector themes and trends and complete other special projects as required
- Work closely with Impact Analyst to conduct impact evaluations and develop impact frameworks for investments
- Support investor relations team in communicating underlying investments and strategy
- Prepare quarterly and annual reporting for private platform strategies
- Work closely with Director of Operations to manage capital calls, and other implementation as needed
Sales & Marketing
- Work closely with marketing and business development team to in preparing pitchbooks, DDQs, RFPs and participate in prospect meetings.
The successful candidate will be an intellectually curious, self-motivated individual who is analytical, detail-oriented and has excellent oral and written communication skills.
MBA or CFA strongly preferred
- At least 2 years of institutional investment experience in private equity
- Familiarity with environmentally focused investments is strongly preferred
- Flexible and able to work within a small team and company environment
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO [email protected]