Mission Investors Exchange (MIE) is the leading impact investing network for foundations, philanthropic asset owners, and their partners dedicated to deploying capital for social and environmental change. With over 250 members, MIE leverages its expertise and resources to provide foundations with the education, inspiration, and connections to align more assets to mission. Members rely on MIE and each other for best practices, new investment opportunities, deal partnerships, and innovations in the practice of impact investing around the world.
The Role & Opportunity
The Director or Senior Director of Program Content will design and implement strategic content direction for MIE’s program offerings. This includes serving as program content and development lead for our virtual and in-person programming and co-leading MIE signature offerings, including the MIE National Conference and Mission Investing Institute. The role will also serve as an impact investing field builder, representing MIE at various impact investing and philanthropy virtual and in-person events. This position is with our Programs team and reports to the Senior Vice President of Programs.
This is an ideal remote opportunity for an entrepreneurial leader with strong experience in impact investing and/or related experience to influence the knowledge development and peer learning of a community of philanthropic asset owners.
Program Content & Development
- Lead program content and development of virtual and in-person programming including identifying speakers, themes, topics, and formatting
- Track and research emerging impact investing topics and provide recommendations for future programming and/or special offerings
- Collaborate with MIE team members and consultants to determine relevant program ideas that will maximize synergies across MIE teams
- Lead major program development areas for the MIE National Conference and Mission Investing Institute
- Meet with high-level speakers and other sector leaders from the MIE network
- Lead or moderate virtual and in-person programming
- Represent MIE externally to members and the broader impact investing community; speaking and providing thought leadership at industry events
Team Management and Strategy
- Evaluate the skill, experience, and professional development needs of program associate/senior associate
- Strategize and collaborate with the Member Experience and Communications & Marketing teams to develop messaging for services and programs
- Lead the development and achievement of quarterly Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) for program content workstream
- Engage in the internal use of project management and communication systems, such as Salesforce, Asana, and Slack
- Manage the work streams of consultants
Professional Experience & Qualifications
- 10+ years of professional experience
- Experience working in the impact investing or related field
- Experience with philanthropic partners/practitioners ideal
- Passion for addressing social and environmental challenges and an appreciation for the power of investment capital to play a catalytic role in this process
- Knowledge of investment issues and processes
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders across different geographies
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Customer/client focused mindset
- Exceptional strategic thinking skills and a high level of intellectual curiosity
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, with an ability to execute against a work plan to deliver high-quality and timely outputs
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, along with diplomacy, tact, and good humor
- Proactive, self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who is a creative problem-solver
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with a proven ability to manage multiple ongoing projects at the same time
- Flexibility to work both collaboratively and independently
- Maintains an interest in seeking feedback and new information to strengthen own performance and that of team
- Ability to travel domestically
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Salesforce (or other CRM), Asana (or similar project management tool), and Slack (or a similar communication platform); technology systems and data visualization experience ideal
- Bachelor’s degree and advanced degree in a related field preferred
Compensation: MIE is committed to offering a competitive compensation package. A candidate may be considered for a Senior Director role based on their experience. The starting salary for this role ranges from $100,000 to $150,000 based on individualized factors, including geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The recruiting team is committed to sharing more details regarding compensation based on the candidate's individualized factors during the interview process. Benefits include paid time off and sick leave, 13 paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, and 403(b) retirement plan with matching, along with other elective options. The role is an “at-will position” and MIE reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, MIE or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
To apply for this role, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Director/Senior Director, Program Content”.
MIE stands firmly with communities and organizations calling for an end to racial injustice and systemic anti-Black racism. In this moment of truth for the impact investing movement, MIE is looking inward with honesty and humility, holding itself accountable for change, and promoting racial equity in staff recruitment and assessment. Click here for MIE’s full racial equity statement — including actions MIE is taking now as an organization.