About the Organization
- Source, evaluate and manage LP investments by Kapor Capital in venture capital funds with aligned investment criteria
- Manage, assess and document the performance of funds in the portfolio with assistance from the investment and finance teams and additional support as needed
- Develop innovative strategies to move the field of social impact investing forward
- Define, drive, and inform research on the performance of underrepresented fund managers in collaboration with the research team
- Monitor and stay on top of relevant trends and developments in VC
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion and a shared commitment to social impact and supporting Fund Managers, GPs, and entrepreneurs, especially from underrepresented backgrounds and those building funds that close gaps of access and/or opportunity for low-income communities and/or communities of color.
- 3-6 years of relevant work experience, including, but not limited to experience working at a venture capital fund, foundation or university endowment
- An inquisitive personality, able to gather and synthesize information, and draw meaningful conclusions.
Commitment to changing the venture capital ecosystem to make it more welcoming to investors, entrepreneurs and others from all backgrounds.
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience with investment management
- An established network of GP and LP relationships
- Background in Finance (familiarity with venture capital financing structures and practices, e.g. convertible debt and equity)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically with GPs, LPs, and startup founders
- Strong interpersonal, communication and people management skills
- BA/BS or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to work in Oakland, CA