About the Organization
CapShift’s goal is to increase the flow of capital into initiatives solving global and local challenges. We manage a fast-growing impact investing platform that empowers philanthropic and financial institutions, along with their clients, to mobilize capital for social and environmental change. We work with many leading financial institutions in the $120 billiondonor advised fund market, including Fidelity Charitable, Vanguard Charitable,and National Philanthropic Trust. Our suite of solutions makes it easy to source and implement impact investments that meet the needs of financial advisors, donor advised fund sponsors and their clients, foundations, asset management institutions, and more.
Our leadership has managed billions of dollars of impact investments in disruptive solutions in the health, education, poverty, community finance, clean energy, and sustainable food sectors. Our team combines deep impact investment experience with a nimble startup culture with the goal of mobilizing capital for social and environmental change. We are committed to building a diverse, talented team of young leaders in the impactinvestment space.
CapShift is seeking a values-driven,passionate, and dynamic individual to help leadsourcing, screening,and analyzing impact investment opportunities for CapShift’s Research Team while also managing client relationships with both institutions and family offices.The candidate will take ownership for large portions of our research effort, requiring them toboth work independently as well as manage members of the research team.
CapShift is looking for a Director of Impact Investments who will:
- Impact investment sourcing –Build and cultivate relationships among impact investing funds, social enterprises, and non-profits to identify the most compelling investment opportunities across all asset classes and geographies.
- Due diligence –Thoroughly diligence and evaluate investment opportunities, including document review and manager interviews, to onboard to CapShift’s platform and/or complete diligence projects for family office, wealth advisors, or donor advised fund providers.
- Impact methodology – Contribute to the continuous improvement of CapShift’s investment screening process, with a particular focus on impact assessment.
- Presentations –Synthesize and present recommended investment opportunities to CapShift team and present these opportunitiesto CapShift clients.
- Proposals –Support creating proposals for potential new client business.
- Client management – Own specific institutional, foundation, and family office client relationships, helping to deepen our client relationships and ensure all deadlines are met with high quality work.
- Team player – Take leadership roles in other aspects of a high growth startup company, including team, culture, technology, market research, and customer development.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
- 5-8 years of combined work experience in impact investing, investment management, private equity, investment banking, consulting, or asocially focused enterprise
- Strong understanding of finance, accounting and impact management through either studies or direct experience
- Familiarity with offering documents for privateand public investment offerings and ability to efficiently evaluate the merits of funds and direct investments across diverse asset classes and end markets
- Strong and effective communication skills, willingness to engage with all stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills tocoordinate efforts across the team, including managing other associates or interns.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, own and deliver projects independently with some guidance from senior team members
- Experience or demonstrated interest in working in a high growth, flexible startup environment in which employees are expected to take on multiple responsibilities and tasks
- MS Exceland PowerPoint skills required and familiarity with Salesforce preferred
- Strong passion for sustainable investing and impact management and high interest and capabilities inbuilding a network of contacts in the impact investing ecosystem
- MBA or CFA preferred, exceptional candidates with a business, economics, or finance background in undergraduate studies will be considered
CapShift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, or involvement in the criminal justice system. We invite individuals with diverse life experiences and non-conventional backgrounds to apply.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that details your interest in the role and key qualifications or experience to [email protected]
with the subject Director, Impact Investments.
CapShift offers competitive compensation along with an opportunity for employees to receive equity in the business.