About the Organization
Mission Investors Exchange (MIE) is the leading impact investing network for foundations dedicated to deploying capital for social and environmental change. With over 200 members, MIE leverages its expertise and resources to provide foundations with the education, inspiration, and connections to align more assets to mission. Members rely on MIE and each other for best practices, new investment opportunities, deal partnerships, and innovations in the practice of impact investing around the world.
The Coordinator for the Programs and Initiative Team (Programs Coordinator) will provide important administrative and execution support for MIE’s program offerings, including the 2022 National Conference, Mission Investing Institutes, and webinars. The Programs Coordinator will report to the Senior Vice President of Programs and will work with the Senior Associate to carry out duties related to team day-to-day operations and the implementation of team strategy. This role is a one-year, full-time remote position with the possibility of an extension.
National Conference (65%)
- Managing the speaker invitation process, in coordination with the Programs Team and MIE staff
- Coordinating the onboarding process for accepted conference speakers, including scheduling of briefing calls and acquisition of speaker assets
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date data in collaborative platforms like Asana, Salesforce, and Google sheets
- Supporting conference content development, including background research on session topics and potential speakers
- Helping to ensure a positive participant experience as an important member of the onsite event staff
- Supporting the implementation and execution of MIE programs, such as webinars, institutes, panels, and receptions
- Participating in content creation for programs, including in-person and virtual learning
- Scheduling meetings with high-level speakers and other sector leaders from the MIE network
- Carrying out administrative functions essential to the performance of the Programs Team
- Serving as liaison for the Programs Team, handling routine inquiries, and managing logistics for team-managed events
- Co-preparing presentations, reports, and related materials
- Working with fellow Program team members on finalizing executive, board, and member-facing documents
- Working with other MIE teams members, as needed, on co-managed programs
- Performing other tasks related to MIE as requested by the SVP, Programs & Initiatives
- A minimum of one to three years of professional experience. Project management, impact investing, events management, or program coordination experience preferred.
- Passion for addressing social and environmental challenges and an appreciation for the power of investment capital to play a catalytic role in this process
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to execute against a workplan to deliver high-quality and timely outputs
- Excellent communication skills and a high level of intellectual curiosity
- Proactive, self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who is a creative problem-solver
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer/client focused mindset
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects at the same time
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Eager to learn with an interest in seeking feedback and new information consistently to strengthen own performance and that of team
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Salesforce (or other CRM), and Asana (or similar project management tool)
- Bachelor’s degree required
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
and include “Coordinator – Programs and Initiatives” in the subject line.
Mission Investors Exchange is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.