Mission Investors Exchange (MIE) is the leading impact investing network for foundations, philanthropic asset owners, and their partners dedicated to deploying capital for social and environmental change. With over 250 members, MIE leverages its expertise and resources to provide foundations with the education, inspiration, and connections to align more assets to mission. Members rely on MIE and each other for best practices, new investment opportunities, deal partnerships, and innovations in the practice of impact investing around the world.
The Role & Opportunity
The Communications and Marketing Associate will support the development and execution of strategic communication materials across the Communication and Marketing Team’s activities and initiatives. Examples of MIE’s marketing and communications channels include e-newsletters and other email marketing, social media, the organization’s website, and various pieces requiring content, editorial, and messaging support. The Associate will work with the Senior Director of Communications and Marketing to carry out day-to-day projects and functions.
This is an ideal remote opportunity for a professional that is seeking to gain exposure to impact investing and philanthropy while continuing to advance in their practice of communications and marketing.
- Research, write, and edit. Apply these skills to develop a variety of communications collateral for MIE, including publications (such as e-newsletters and invitations) and online assets (including social media and web pages)
- Engage in the end-to-end fulfillment of marketing and communications activities and materials, from concept and copy to design, execution, and evaluation, including the input of content into our marketing engagement software
- Maintain brand social media channels and support MIE in proactively engaging in real-time impact investing conversations with members and across the sector
- Research impact investing field and member news through media and social media monitoring, and share among staff
- Create and maintain messaging materials such as talking points and FAQ documents
- Support the evaluation of marketing campaigns and projects and maintain team analytics dashboard
- Support the day-to-day tactical communications needs of the Program and Member Experience teams
- Execute special projects as needed
- Support the development of presentations, reports, and related materials
- Collaborate with fellow team members on finalizing executive, board, and member-facing documents
- Maintain data and files via collaborative platforms like Salesforce, Asana, Slack, and Google documents
Professional Experience & Qualifications
- A minimum of three to five years of professional experience in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism or a related field
- Ability to produce communications in multiple formats, including print, digital, presentations, and various multimedia
- Knowledge of targeting key audiences, generating audience feedback, and evaluating results
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, with an ability to execute against a work plan to deliver high-quality and timely outputs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, along with diplomacy, tact, and good humor
- Customer/client focused mindset
- Flexibility to work both collaboratively and independently
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Advanced proficiency in Zoom meetings and webinars. Advanced proficiency in social media apps including Twitter and LinkedIn as well as social media management software like Hootsuite. Basic proficiency in software including InDesign, Photoshop, Canva, and Acrobat Pro. Basic proficiency with CRM software, such as Salesforce and Pardot. Basic proficiency in web CMS, such as WordPress or Drupal.
- Curiosity about new digital platforms and dedication to continually acquire new skills and knowledge of marketing tools, apply them to the workplace, and share them with colleagues
- Passion for addressing social and environmental challenges and an appreciation for the power of investment capital to play a catalytic role in this process
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Maintains an interest in seeking feedback and new information to strengthen own performance and that of team
- Ability to travel domestically if needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
Compensation: MIE is committed to offering a competitive compensation package. The starting salary for this role ranges from $65,000 to $75,000 based on individualized factors, including geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The recruiting team is committed to sharing more details regarding compensation based on the candidate's individualized factors during the interview process. Benefits include paid time off and sick leave, 13 paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, and 403(b) retirement plan with matching, along with other elective options. The role is an “at-will position” and MIE reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, MIE or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
To apply for this role, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Associate, Communications and Marketing.”
MIE stands firmly with communities and organizations calling for an end to racial injustice and systemic anti-Black racism. In this moment of truth for the impact investing movement, MIE is looking inward with honesty and humility, holding itself accountable for change, and promoting racial equity in staff recruitment and assessment. Click here for MIE’s full racial equity statement — including actions MIE is taking now as an organization.