Census2020: Why and How It Matters for Impact Investing
How do impact investors and policymakers use and rely on census data? And what are the consequences for impact investors if the census fails to include all our communities?
Join Mission Investors Exchange on Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 3 PM ET for a 90-minute webinar exploring why and how foundations and other impact investors are mobilizing to get out the count for the 2020 Census. This webinar will dive deep into these key areas:
Understanding how census data is used in impact investing, policy, and much more.
Understanding the risks of inaccurate data and why policy makers and others are so alarmed about the potential for an under-count in 2020. We'll particularly focus on risks for vulnerable populations, including households with young children, mixed-status families, immigrants, refugees, Native communities on tribal lands, people in the rural south, and other under-counted groups.
How you can take action, including how philanthropy is using its resources to mobilize capital right now to fill funding gaps and support organizations on the ground reaching hard-to-count populations.
This unique webinar will feature more than seven experts in philanthropy, community development, policy, and more. Check back soon for an updated speaker list.
- Dr. Jessica Barron, Consultant, Frontline Solutions
- Catherine Berman, CEO, CNote
- Jocelyn Bissonnette, Director of the Funders Census Initiative, Funders' Committee for Civic Participation
- Antony Bugg-Levine, CEO, Nonprofit Finance Fund
- Wayne L. Ducheneaux II, Executive Director, Native Governance Center
- Humaira Faiz, Mission Investment Manager, W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- Florencia Gutierrez, Senior Associate, Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Felecia Lucky, President, Black Belt Community Foundation
- Karla Miller, Program Director, Northwest Area Foundation
- Huong Nguyen-Yap, Director of California Programs, Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees
- Dr. Kenneth Prewitt, Carnegie Professor of Public Affairs, Columbia University, 2010 Director of the US Census Bureau
- Jess Riegel, Co-Founder & CEO, Motivote